Hiding in these chewy brownies is the amazingly beneficial green nutrition of protein and vitamin rich microalgae. We added in Maca for extra energy and these rich cacao chocolate morsels are spiked with mystical goodness. Trick a friend into eating healthy!
4 cups organic pecans, soaked & dehydrated
3⁄4 cups organic medjool dates pitted & packed
3⁄4 cups Ojio Cacao Powder
1 tsp. Ojio Chlorella or Ojio Spirulina Powder
1 tsp. Ojio Maca Powder
1⁄2 tsp. Ojio Himalayan Salt
1⁄4 tsp. Raw Organic Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ojio Vanilla Ground
¼ cup dried Ojio Golden Berries
1⁄2 cup crushed organic raw pecans, reserved
Ojio Coconut Oil, reserved for greasing a baking dish
- In a food processor, process the pecans until slightly chunky and mealy. Do not over process into pecan butter.
- Slowly add the dates while the food processor is running and rock the base of the food processor to combine evenly.
- Then, add all remaining ingredients, except golden berries, pecans, and process again until well combined.
- When finished, spoon the almond butter into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Take a glass baking dish (8X8 size) and gently grease with coconut oil.
- Add the brownie mixture and fold in the reserved golden berries and pecans. Press down with your palms to spread the mixture evenly and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut brownies into squares and serve with warm fudge sauce or non-dairy ice cream.